Frequently Asked Questions
How does it work?
Trail it Forward will partner with race organisers and brand companies to sponsor race entries, gear, apparel, vouchers, etc. for the monthly lucky draw(s)
Trail it Forward will raise funds through individuals that buy a ticket(s) to enter the monthly lucky draw (s) to stand a chance to win an entry to one of our partner trail races and/ or other sponsored prizes
- Buy a ticket (R100) as an individual to enter the monthly lucky draw
- The platform is targeted at the trail running community but may include similar sports/ activities
- Individuals who entered stand a chance to win an entry to one of our partner trail races and/ or other sponsored prizes
- The raised funds collected through ticket sales will be paid forward to the organisers/ sponsors of the race entries for each specific month.
- The winner(s) of the monthly prizes will be selected by means of a lucky draw(s)
- Separate draws will be held for each available prize if there is more than one prize for a specific month
- Funds will be collected from the 1st to 31st of the applicable month and paid on the 31st of the following month thereafter
- Trail it Forward charges a 10% (administration and marketing) fee on all funds raised through the Trail it Forward platform
- Prizes are transferable but only if it promotes and maintain the spirit and idea behind Trail it Forward. If the winner cannot utilise their prize and want to transfer it to another individual then he/she must do so publicly (social media platform including Trail it forward Facebook page, etc.) to an individual who they believe truly deserve it. Under no circumstances may prizes be sold, transferred or altered in any other way then to promote and maintain the true spirit of the Trail it Forward idea.
- Trail it forward together with individuals, organisers and companies, will look to find ways to pay it forward and promote such publicly (social media platform including Trail it forward Facebook page, etc.) to inspire others to do the same
Who can enter the monthly draw?
- Any person in their individual capacity (South African Residents)
- Any person in their individual capacity (Non-South African Residents)
- International runners who want to travel to South Africa and participate in one of our partnered races are encourage to enter but the intent should always be to enter only if you can and will utilise the entry. Prizes won by International athletes are no transferable
Who is eligible for the monthly draw?
- Any individual who bought a ticket for the monthly draw
- Each ticket gets you an entry into each draw if there is more than one draw in a month
- Tickets bought and paid for after the closing of entries for a specific draw will not be valid for that said draw
Can I increase my chances of winning?
Yes you can. More tickets = more entries and more entries = a greater chance of being drawn and winning!
- You will get 1 entry into the lucky draw for each ticket you buy:
- 1 Ticket = 1 Entry
- 2 Tickets = 2 Entries
- 3 Tickets = 3 Entries
- 4 Tickets = 4 Entries
- 5 Tickets = 5 Entries, etc.
- Participating in an official/ sanctioned trail running event or race as a volunteer and being vetted by the race organiser of the said event or race for that specific month will earn you one extra entry.
How do individuals enter?
- Buy a ticket for R100
- You can also buy as many tickets as you want
When will entries for the monthly draw close?
- Entries will close at midnight the day before the draw
When will the monthly draw be held?
- On the last day of each month or as advertisied on social media
How will the lucky draw be done?
- Separate lucky draws will be done for each prize on Facebook at 20:00 on the draw date
- We will mix things up, maybe a live draw, a spinning wheel or box with the lucky names in but will
- As TRAIL IT FORWARD grows we will look at a more structured way to do the draw.
Our Partners (RACE ORGANISERS)
Specific info for Trail running event/ race organisers (“referred to as Organisers henceforth”)
- TRAIL IT FORWARD will look to partner with trail running event organisers of all trail races who will in turn sponsor an entry(ies) for an agreed trail running event
- The funds raised from individuals for a specific calendar month/ draw will be allocated to the organiser who sponsored the above-mentioned entry(ies) for that specific race
- If there are more than one partner (race organiser) for a specific month then the funds will be paid to the different organisers pro-rata in relation to the value of the sponsored race entry(ies) for each organiser
- The specific monthly draw will be done 0-12 months prior to the actual race so that runners and organisers can plan ahead (typically short races = less months and longer races require more time)
- The main idea behind this idea is:
- For as little as R100, trail runners get a chance to win an entry to an amazing race they might otherwise never be able to afford
- Trail runners can also give back to the organisers who give so much so we might live our dreams in the form of trail running, etc.
- The organisers can use the funds raised as they see fit but the aim is that they use it to cover costs for their events. Ultimately if enough funds are raised then maybe it can lower overall cost for organisers which might lead to lower entry fees!
- Organisers can also pay raised funds forward. This can be done in any way as long as it promotes and maintain the true spirit of the Trail it Forward idea (Currently all of our Partners pay received funds forward by supporting development programmes/ athletes and other social/ welfare programmes)
- Sponsored race entries are for race entries only and exclude all other costs/ additional services (transport, accommodation, meals, etc.)
We have some fantastic amazing bucket list races lined up and will announce our partner races soon. We are stoked about the future and you should be too!
Please contact us if you wish to become a partner
Our Partner Companies
Specific info for Companies/ Manufacturers of trail running gear, apparel, etc.
(“Referred to as Companies henceforth”)
- TRAIL IT FORWARD will look to partner with Companies/ Manufacturers of trail running gear, apparel, or any other related products.
- The draw for the above-mentioned sponsored prize wil be held separately from the race entry prize(s) for each specific month
- TRAIL IT FORWARD will endeavour to partner with Companies to sponsor sanctioned/ social TRAIL IT FORWARD events or specific events/ races (by organisers)
- The specific partner(s) must still be determined
- The main aim of the partnership must always have the VISION of TRAIL IT FORWARD at its core. By building a trail running culture we will all benefit.